Click here to Apply Read our FAQs Join us on facebook Follow us on twitter

Incentive Scholarship Program

Graduate Recruitment Program

Are you in your final year of teacher education studies in a NSW or ACT tertiary institution, at La Trobe University, Wodonga campus or Griffith University?

If you are, now’s the time to decide what you’ll do when you graduate, and how and where you’ll launch your teaching career.

This is the time to check out your options. If you want to become a teacher in NSW public schools, you should apply for the NSW Department of Education and Communities’ Graduate Recruitment Program (GRP) at any time during your final two semesters of study.

The GRP facilitates the recruitment of teacher education graduates for casual, temporary and permanent employment in NSW public schools. You are eligible to apply for the GRP if you:

Aboriginal teaching graduates are encouraged to apply through this program.

The program offers graduating teachers a number of benefits

As a GRP applicant, you can apply for our advertised teaching positions.

If eligible, you can receive an interim approval to teach allowing you to work as a casual or temporary teacher in NSW public schools while finalising your studies.

When your application is finalised, you will also be included in our statewide database of teachers seeking permanent teaching positions. This database is used to fill many of our vacancies through a matching process.

Learn more about the GRP

Each year teach.NSW presents an information session in participating universities during which students are provided with information about applying for employment in NSW public schools. Students who are unable to attend an information session can obtain all relevant information through this site.

If you are a teacher education student in your final two semesters of study, you should apply online. You should also visit our facebook page where we will post regular updates and important information about the GRP.

It’s time to make your move! Get started now by reading through the GRP website to find out what to do next.


*International students can apply for casual teaching approval in accordance with their work rights under their visa.