Find out if you're eligible to apply for a Teacher Education Scholarship - Aboriginal. To apply, you must:
- be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
- identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person
- be accepted as such by the community in which you live or have lived
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- intend on enrolling or be currently enrolled in initial teacher education studies at a recognised Australian university or tertiary institution that will lead to a qualification that meets the Department's and the NSW Education Standards Authority’s academic requirements for employment as a primary or secondary teacher
- be willing to accept an appointment as a permanent full time teacher to a NSW public school in an agreed location on completion of your studies for a minimum period of three years.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to select either "Anywhere in the State" or at least three individual school education areas where you would like to be appointed on completion of your studies. If you select to be appointed "Anywhere in the State", you are agreeing to be appointed to a school in one of the following school education areas: Albury, Armidale, Bankstown, Batemans Bay, Bathurst, Blacktown, Bondi, Bourke, Broken Hill, Campbelltown, Central Coast, Clarence/Coffs Harbour, Deniliquin, Dubbo, Fairfield, Granville, Griffith, Hornsby, Lake Macquarie, Lismore, Liverpool, Maitland, Moree, Mount Druitt, Muswellbrook, Newcastle, Northern Beaches, Orange, Parramatta, Penrith, Port Jackson, Port Macquarie, Queanbeyan, Ryde, Shellharbour, St George, Sutherland, Tamworth, Taree, Tweed Heads/Ballina, Wagga Wagga, Windsor, Wollongong.