Find out if you're eligible to apply for a Great Teaching, Inspired Learning Cadetship. To apply, you will need to:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- be completing the HSC in a NSW or ACT secondary school or TAFE NSW institute
- intend on enrolling in initial teacher education studies at a recognised Australian university. Your studies will need to meet the DoE's and Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards' (BOSTES) academic requirements for employment as a secondary teacher or a special education (K-12) teacher Note: Preference will be given to applicants who wish to become a teacher of a high-demand subject area.
- be willing to accept an appointment as a paraprofessional (on a part-time basis) to a NSW public school while completing your teacher education studies
- be willing to accept an appointment as a permanent full time teacher to a NSW public school in an agreed location on completion of your studies for a minimum period of three years.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to select either "anywhere in the state" or at least three individual school education areas where you would like to be appointed on completion of your studies. If you select to be appointed "Anywhere in the State", you are agreeing to be appointed to a school in one of the following school education area: Albury, Armidale, Bankstown, Batemans Bay, Bathurst, Blacktown, Bondi, Bourke, Broken Hill, Campbelltown, Central Coast, Clarence/Coffs Harbour, Deniliquin, Dubbo, Fairfield, Granville, Griffith, Hornsby, Lake Macquarie, Lismore, Liverpool, Maitland, Moree, Mount Druitt, Muswellbrook, Newcastle, Northern Beaches, Orange, Parramatta, Penrith, Port Jackson, Port Macquarie, Queanbeyan, Ryde, Shellharbour, St George, Sutherland, Tamworth, Taree, Tweed Heads/Ballina, Wagga Wagga, Windsor, Wollongong. You should note that your chances of receiving a cadetship are enhanced if you select metropolitan locations where teachers are in high demand and/or non-coastal rural or remote locations where teachers are in high demand. The metropolitan areas where teachers are in high demand are Bankstown, Blacktown, Campbelltown, Fairfield, Granville, Liverpool and Mount Druitt. The non-coastal rural areas where teachers are in high demand are Albury, Armidale, Bathurst, Bourke, Broken Hill, Deniliquin, Dubbo, Griffith, Moree, Orange, Tamworth, Wagga Wagga.