NSW teachers from other systems

Are you a qualified teacher currently teaching at a Catholic or independent school in NSW and considering teaching in NSW public schools? You will need to apply for approval to teach, unless you have previously been approved to teach, have current accreditation from the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) and the last time you taught in a NSW public school was not more than five years ago.

When you apply for approval to teach in NSW public schools, you will need to provide evidence of quality teaching experience supported by a work report or written reference from your principal or authorised officer.

Once you have been approved to teach in NSW public schools, you will be able to seek work as a casual teacher and also apply for the temporary and permanent teaching positions advertised in JobFeed. Subscribe to JobFeed to have the newly advertised teaching positions delivered to your inbox every Wednesday.