To be eligible to apply for a Teach and Learn Scholarship in mathematics, physics, engineering studies, agriculture, industrial technology – metal and/or industrial technology - timber, you must:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Have a current permanent full-time teaching approval with the NSW Department of Education.
- Have a minimum of one year full-time equivalent teaching experience, or have completed 203 casual/temporary teaching days.
- Be enrolled in or committed to enrolling in studies for Semester 1, 2021, that will meet the department’s and NESA’s academic requirements.
- Be willing to enter into a Scholarship Agreement, a legally binding agreement that outlines the responsibilities of both the scholarship recipient and the department.
- Be willing to complete the required studies within the maximum two year period.
- Be willing to accept appointment as a permanent full-time teacher in a NSW public school on completion of studies.
- Be willing to remain in the permanent full-time teaching position you are appointed to on completion of studies for a minimum period of three years.