Supported Students, Successful Students School Counsellor Graduate Scholarships
This graduate scholarship gives you
UP TO $25,000 PER YEAR OF STUDY
UP TO $6,000 APPOINTMENT ALLOWANCE
UP TO $1,500 TEXTBOOK ALLOWANCE
PERMANENT SCHOOL COUNSELLOR JOB
Applications are now closed
Applications for the 2018 program will close on Friday 24 November 2017
Remind me to apply before applications close.
Scholarships are available to psychology graduates who are undertaking the 2018 Master of Teaching (School Counselling) program at the University of Sydney.
The Supported Students, Successful Students School Counsellor Graduate Scholarship Program is part of a comprehensive package of graduate scholarships being offered by the NSW Department of Education to support psychology graduates to become school counsellors working in NSW rural and metropolitan public schools.
It will provide psychology graduates with qualifications in teaching as well as school counsellor/school psychology training.
By participating in the Supported Students, Successful Students Graduate Scholarship Program you will gain professional experience and supervision working as a school counsellor in a diverse range of NSW public schools in either rural or metropolitan locations.
To be eligible to apply for the Scholarship to become a School Counsellor for the Master of Teaching (School Counselling/School Psychology) program 2018, you must:
- have completed an Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) approved 4th year in psychology
- meet the requirements to undertake the Master of Teaching (School Counselling/School Psychology) program at the University of Sydney
- be willing to work in geographic areas of workforce need
- have or be able to obtain a NSW Working with Children Check
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen, and
- hold a current and valid NSW driver's license prior to commencing employment.
The full package
Check out the step by step application guide and other information you need to know before applying.
Remind me to apply
Sign up and we'll send you a reminder email one week before applications close!
If you have further questions, please contact Ms Vicki Melitas on phone 02 9244 5424 or email our recruitment program team via SWRP@det.nsw.edu.au.