Find out if you're eligible to apply for an International teacher exchange. To apply, you will need to:
- be a permanent, full-time Department of Education classroom teacher, executive staff member or principal
- have accumulated five years full-time equivalent teaching experience with the Department prior to the commencement of the exchange (through casual, part-time and/or full-time work)
- be willing to teach with the Department for at least 12 months following the exchange
- be willing to prepare and present a two-page research brief on an educational topic chosen by the department (e.g. professional development, school policies and procedures, teaching and learning).
To be considered for an exchange, classroom teachers and executive staff will require the
endorsement of their Principal, and Principals who apply will require the endorsement of their Director.
Exchange selection is a competitive process. Applicants will be considered on their merit with
preference being given to teachers who have:
- demonstrated exceptional practice, in particular if they have achieved Highly Accomplished or
Lead Teacher accreditation;
- a strong recommendation from their principal around their professional and personal suitability
for an exchange; and
* been highly recommended by their Director, Public Schools NSW.
Applicants agree to comply with the "Terms and Conditions" of the Exchange Program.
If you can't find answers to your questions in the FAQs, contact our teacher exchange team: