Graduate recruitment program

Are you in your final year of teacher education studies in a NSW or ACT tertiary institution, at La Trobe University, Wodonga campus or at Griffith University?

If so, apply to teach in NSW public schools through the Graduate Recruitment Program (GRP).

You are eligible to apply to teach through the GRP if you:

  • have Australian citizenship or permanent residency*
  • are currently completing the last or second-last semester of an accredited initial teacher education program through a university in NSW or ACT or at La Trobe University (Wodonga Campus) or Griffith University.

If eligible to apply, you could receive interim approval to teach, allowing you to work as a casual or temporary teacher in NSW public schools while you complete your studies. Subscribe to JobFeed or refer to the JobFeed webpage to apply for advertised teaching positions. 

When your application for approval to teach in NSW public schools is finalised, you will also be included in our state-wide database of teachers seeking permanent teaching positions. This database is used to fill many of the department's vacancies through a matching process.

* International students, you can apply for casual teaching approval in accordance with your work rights under your visa.